Monday, May 30, 2011

New Recipe 9/52: Radiatore Pasta with Alfredo Sauce and Diced Tomatoes

So this recipe I totally made up on the fly.  My cupboards were looking kinda bare and I decided to take a chance and throw a few things together and it actually turned out pretty good!!!

I know I took a picture of this dish but now I cannot find where it was uploaded to.  GRRRRRRR.  So you will have to make it yourself to see how delicious it looks.

Ingredients
1 lb Radiatore pasta
1 jar alfredo sauce
Heavy cream-1/2-1cup
Mozzerella cheese-maybe a cup or so
Parmesan Cheese-1/8 of a cup or so
1 can diced tomatoes

Boil the pasta according to the package directions.  In a saucepan, heat up the alfredo sauce.  Add the heavy cream and the mozzerella and the parmesan.  Once everything is blended and the cheese is melted, add in the tomatoes (drain them first).  When pasta is cooked and drained, mix with the sauce mix.  Top with parmesan.  I served it with garlic bread.

This was such an easy way to make a jar of alfredo stretch to cover more pasta.  The radiatore pasta I had had sitting in my cupboard for a while, I had picked it up on a whim cause it was a different shape.  All the nooks and crannies of the pasta sucked up the sauce and it clung really well to the noodles.  The whole dish came out well and even my picky kids ate some.  Leftovers were not as good as the first time around but still pretty tasty.  This is definitely something I will try again, maybe with some chicken next time and make it a slightly more complete meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment