Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Classic Recipe 8/52: Homemade Chicken Strips

This is something I have been playing around with for a while, I have made it several different ways, I will post the way I made them last night.  It's nice to have fresh made chicken strips instead of the nuggets or popcorn chicken from the freezer section.  It takes about the same amount of time you just have to watch them a little more than you would if you were throwing something in the oven.

Ingredients: 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I get the bag of frozen ones from walmart and thaw what I need as I need it, they are pretty cheap and taste okay)
Panko crumbs (I find these in the same aisle as regular bread crumbs, but they might be in the asian food section as well.  They are lighter and crispier than regular breadcrumbs.  Normally I used crushed corn flakes but I was all out so I used up some panko I had hanging around)
Flour (for dipping)
Heavy cream-a pint or so, maybe less.  You could easily sub milk for this, I just had some cream I needed to use up
16 oz sour cream mixed with a ranch packet-this was something else I had laying around.  I had not quite a whole package left.  I mixed the sour cream and the cream together, but you could just as easily use an egg/milk mix to dip in as well.
Vegetable oil, for frying

Slice the chicken in half crossways (like you are butterflying them only cut them all the way) then slice them into strips.  You can make whatever size you want, I try and make them all around the same size so they cook a little more evenly.  Mix the sour cream with some heavy cream to thin it out.  Dip the chicken in the flour, then cream mix, then panko.  Heat the oil on the stove over a medium or so heat.  Put in a few strips at a time and fry till they are golden brown on all sides.  Add more veg oil as needed.

1 comment:

  1. Titanium Vincantium Bode Spray bottle - TiC Nation
    The titanium wedding bands for men Tinti Viper Viper is a highly engineered, apple watch titanium high quality, high performance liquid additive that 2013 ford focus titanium hatchback can be used to tube supplier add heat to any food, anytime, titanium white dominus anywhere.

    ReplyDelete