Monday, April 4, 2011

What is wrong with my kids?

I cook them this awesome food.  Good stuff, all the time.  They should be knocking each other over trying to get to it.  And THEY WON'T EAT IT!!  I'm not talking super fancy stuff, either.  I am talking kid-friendly food like spaghetti, chili, meatloaf, sloppy joes, cheeseburgers.  I have to practically beg my kids to eat their dinner.  Drives me freaking crazy.

I do want to point out, however, that I do not do the short order cook thing.  I cook one meal for dinner.  They don't want to eat it, they don't eat.  We don't always have a dessert option, but if there is one that night, they don't get dessert unless they try a few bites of everything.  And if they decide later they are hungry they only get offered the same thing we had earlier.  I just hope that it's a really really long phase and that one night at dinner they will look at me and be like, "Hey, mom, you are an awesome cook!  This is delicious!!  Thanks for forcing it  on us for the last 10 years!!"  is that so much to ask?

anyway I am pretty sure that even though my kids hate the food I cook for them, I am still a decent cook.  Adults usually like what I fix.  And other people's kids too.  I think mine are just special.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment