Monday, April 18, 2011

New Recipe 3/52: Stuffed Mushrooms

Another recipe from allrecipes.com.  It was pretty simple to make, came out pretty tasty, and it is something I will most definitely be trying again cause I loooove mushrooms!

Ingredients:
12 fresh mushrooms, 1 T olive oil, 1 clove minced garlic, 8 oz cream cheese (softened), 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1/4 tsp each of ground pepper, cayenne pepper, and onion powder.

Preheat oven to 350.  spray a cooking sheet with pam.  Break the stems off the mushrooms and chop them up pretty fine.  Put this and the garlic in a frypan and saute, then set aside.  Let it cool off a bit then mix it in with the cream cheese and other ingredients.  Stuff into the mushroom caps and bake for about 20 minutes.  I served it with burgers and fries.

I used a pre-packaged thing of mushrooms, it was not quite 10 of them.  Next time I make this I plan on using more mushrooms but the same amount of filling as they were really overstuffed.  Other than that I thought it was perfect!!  It was super easy to make and prep/cooking time was only about 30 minutes total.  It made a nice side dish to spruce up an otherwise pretty basic meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment