Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Classic Recipe 2/52: Quesadillas

I used to have a quesadilla maker.  I won it at a work thing.  it was cool, but not very functional, in that all you could make with it was...quesadillas.  Not that I don't love them, but I want my kitchen appliances to be able to do a little more for me.  So I got rid of it the last time we moved.  As a result I have not made quesadillas in about a year.  So I decided to bust some out the other night and made them in a pan on the stove top.

Ingredients:
Flour tortillas, 1 can corn, 1 can refried beans, 1 can sliced black olives, salsa, and cheeeeeeeeeese


pretty simple to make.  Spray your pan with some pam so the tortilla doesn't stick.  Spread some refried beans on the bottom tortilla.  Then a little shredded cheese, some corn and black olives, salsa, more cheese, refried beans opn the top tortilla, slap 'em together and throw them in the pan.  1 can of beans and corn was enough for 3 quesadillas, the kids split one and my husband and I each had one.  They are pretty filling.  Previously I have had onion and pepper in them but I wasn't in the mood for chopping veggies so I skipped it.  It was pretty cheap to make, and in the summer you can swap a can of corn for some fresh off the cob corn (mmmmmmm my fave!!).  I have also mixed up cooked chicken with a nacho type soup and cheese and made that into quesadilla filling before, that comes out more like a taco bell quesadilla.



On the down side the tortillas got a little over-browned in the pan, I think next time I will try baking them and see if that works out a little better.  Always looking for ways to improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment